Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Let's talk

Can we talk?  Great.

I watched Fringe twice last week due to a ridiculous power struggle. I don't think I won.  Oh well, I ended up getting to watch it twice.  It was a good episode, but I felt that very little actually happened in it.  I'm wondering if Peter is going to have any strange side effects due to his accidental ingestion.  Hopefully some new super cool brain power.  I'm kind of in the mood right now to not want Olivia and him to get back together.  Maybe I'm just not into the whole "happily ever after" bullshit.  Either way, he fucked up, plain and simple. No amount of apologizing is going to change the facts.  Perhaps I'm just not a very forgiving person.  Having said that however, I do not want anything bad to happen to him, that is for sure.  And can we please address his strange hair poof?  It was like a cartoon character.  He's still super sexy though.  I also love that the show is filmed in Vancouver.  The rainy, grey shots really remind me of X-Files.   

The show I've been very into in the past couple weeks is Californication.  The new season just started.  I'm very happy that Hank and Karen are broken up.  I love it when Hank is all tortured.  Remember that hilarious scene in season one when he pukes on the painting after being caught having sex at Karen's dinner party?  Classic.  The show has the perfect tone right now.  Kind of dark, but in a "fuck it" kind of way.  Loving it!

I received a comment on my last post about not mentioning Glee as one of my favorite shows.  Well, that is indeed one of my favorites.  There hasn't been a new episode in approximately 2.36 years though and I'm forgetting it exists.  I definitely preferred the first season.  This season feels like they are trying too hard.  Plus, I like Rachel and Finn duets, and now everyone sings all the time.  The one thing I'm love love loving about this season is the addition of Darren Criss.  I love the chemistry between Kurt and him.  I think that Chris Colfer is such a good looking kid.  It's great.  It begins again Feb 6 after the Superbowl, so that is mildly exciting.

A new show that I have recently gotten into (it just premiered last week, so there has only been one episode) is An Idiot Abroad.  It is a travel show that is produced by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant (genius').  If you have ever seen The Ricky Gervais Show and enjoyed it, you will like this show.  If you find this kind of humour a bit mean-spirited, then you would probably not enjoy this show.  Basically, Karl Pilkington travels to the Seven Wonders of the World and complains and says vaguely racist things.  He is incredibly simple.  I think I like it because I know someone exactly like him very well and I kind of hate the guy. 

Well kids, my time of believing myself to be a bad person has passed.  I'm just who I am and if you don't like it, you can go fuck yourself! Hooray! 

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Oh M how I miss you! I also loved the first season of glee, but I also enjoy the second season, and can't wait for it to return!

    ReplyDelete